The treatment called PRP stands for an innovative plasma treatment used for curing the bone loss. It is an autotransplantation technique that allows a quick recovery of the affected areas. Blood platelets and growth factors perform several essential functions in the body, including blood clot formation and wound healing. These growth factors stimulate the stem cells to produce new tissue as quickly as possible, which is why platelet rich fibrin is so effective in the post-treatment healing process. It is used in implantology, oral surgery, periodontics and aesthetic medicine for the natural recovery of damaged tissues.
PRF plasma treatment uses fibrin, enriched with platelets, to stimulate and accelerate the healing and regeneration of damaged tissue.
A small amount of the patient’s blood is drawn. Through a centrifugation process that lasts 8 minutes, the erythrocytes are separated from the FIBRIN RICH PLASMA and used for the treatment.
- PRF is a liquid which will be injected where it is needed. The liquid form is used for the regeneration of the gums.
- The PRF system represents a revolution in dental medicine because it offers non-invasive, safe solution, which guarantees the success of the therapy.
PRF causes coagulation and can be applied in surgical and periodontal procedures, such as sinus lift, implantology, tooth extraction, bone grafting and regenerating of the soft tissues.
When do we use it
PRF plasma treatment is used in oral surgery because:
- increases the success of implant treatment;
- the wounds heal faster;
- compensa il tessuto mancante;
- compensates the missing tissue;
- reduces pain after surgery and the risk of infection;
- reduces swelling;
Advantages of PRF
- 100% biocompatibility;
- safe, simple and fast;
- without any pain;