Instructions For Patients After Bone Grafting:
- After this type of surgery, it can happen for a couple of days that some grains come out because they have been transplanted into the bone and the patient can feel them in mouth.
- You do not have to rinse vigorously your mouth or spit.
- Do not touch the treated area with the tongue or fingers.
- We must avoid wearing prothesis for at least two weeks because the pressure could compromise the healing.
- It is not recommended to pull the lip because it can cause damage to the stitches.
- It is forbidden to use the waterpik!
First day after bone grafting:
You have to let the clot stabilize and avoid rinsing.
After the first day:
In case the wound is open and the material is visible, contact the clinic immediately.