After the intervention were we lift the maxillary sinus, it is important to follow the instructions below:
- Avoid blowing your nose.
- Avoid sneezing, if necessary do it with your mouth open.
- It is not recommended to use straws.
- Nasal hemorrhage is normal, the patient can also notice small bone particles in the mouth.
- A slight swelling of the treated area is normal. To relieve swelling, use a frost pack and press for 20 minutes on the face. Repeat with 10-minute breaks through the day. Use more cushions to lift the head during rest. If the swelling persists too long or if it increases contact the clinic.
- For a painkiller we recommend to our patients to use Voltaren, Saridon or Naklofen always on a full stomach (othervise they may cause nausea and vomiting). If the pain and discomfort do not pass within 3 days, contact the clinic.
- We recommend the use of all medicines prescribed by the doctor.
- It is not recommended to smoke before and after the operation. Smoking can interfere with the healing time and with regeneration of the tissue.