Carefully read the post-surgical instructions for better results and avvoid unexpected problems.
- We do not advise to eat with the part of the mouth which was operated.
- After the operation it is necessary to rinse the mouth with water and salt,at least 4 days, then continue with the chlorhexidine mouthwash (Corsodyl, Curasept or Dentosan) 3 times a day holding it for 2 minutes in the area of the wound , for about 2 weeks. Mouthwash should not be swallowed. The rest of the areas of the oral cavity can be brushed regularly.
- It is not recommended to use the straw for a few days after surgery.
- The treated part of the mouth must always be cleaned with a soft brush (starting from the second day after surgery). It is important that the gingiva and the threads around the wound are clean. The points disappear in one or two weeks after (time depends on wound healing).
- Smoking is forbidden.
- The presence of slight pain after surgery is normal. It is important to use only the prescribed painkillers.
- The use of drugs that enhance bleeding such as aspirin should be avoided.
- After surgery, the swelling looks like the bruises under the eyes. The application of ice bags on the external parts of the face treated surgically for the first 5 hours after surgery is highly recommended.
- The swelling can last for a few weeks.
- A slight bleeding is normal after surgery.
- If the patient bleeds too much, a slight pressure with a compress (or tea bag) on treated area for 10 min should help.
- Healing will be better and faster if the patient drinks a lot of fluid and has a mainly protein diet.
- For the first two to four days, soft food is recommended.
- After the operation, one or two days do not consume food or drinks that are too hot or cold.
- After the surgery a long rest is recommended.
- Avoid physical efforts.
If the patient uses particular drugs or if he is under treatment for other reasons, it is mandatory to consult the doctors and clarify the compatibility of using multiple drugs at the same time
For the patient’s surgery the following will be prescribed:
- Klavocin bid 1 g ( Augmentin or Zimox) – 1 every 12 hours for 7 days.
Patients allergic to penicillin can use:
- Klimicin 150 mg – 1 every 6 hours for 8 days.
For implantology interventions, only if the doctor prescribes it:
Dexamethason tbl 0.5 mg:
- First day – 4 tablets together.
- Second day – 3 tablets together.
- Third day – 2 tablets together.
- Fourth day – 1 tablet.
- Use ibuprofen or Aulin.
- Avoid using Aspirin.
- Vitamin C (optional, for faster healing).
- Cebion – one tablet every day.
- Calcium (Ca2 +) and vitamin D (optional, for a faster healing , it is taken for 2-3 months).