Endodontic procedure is used when the internal tissue of the tooth called the dental pulp is inflamed. Causes of inflammation can be:
- dental or gingival trauma.
The pulp is a very important tissue and runs through vessels and nerve endings, which can cause very strong pain. The endodontic treatment will remove the pulp by replacing it and reactivate its normal functions.
Endodontic treatment means removing the pulp of the tooth and replacing it with a permanent filling. The tooth will be recovered, but it will lose its sensitivity to heat or cold because the pulp is a part responsible for the sensitivity. It can be performed without anesthesia, but this depends on the patient.
Endodontic intervention can be done quickly because of the modern equipment used in the procedure.
The importance of propper equipment disinfection
A crucial role in the treatment has propper cleaning and disinfection of root canals. The goal is to free them from bacteria and all remaining organic and inorganic residues.
- The endodontic treatment must be: accurate and precise and performed with appropriate and modern tools.
- The nickel-titanium rotating instruments have made an essential contribution to the development of modern endodontics and they guarantee: accurate endodontic cleaning, excellent root canal preparation and maximum efficiency.
How is performed an endodontic treatment
- The doctor proceeds with the temporary reconstruction of the dental crown to completely eliminate the caries.
- Isolating the field with a sheet of rubber latex held tight by an arch and held still by a hook positioned around the tooth.
- The pulp chamber needs to be open.
- The length of each canal is measured with an x-ray and a “top electronic locator”.
- The root canal pulp contaminated by bacteria and the infected substances is removed.
- The canal gets washed with sodium hypochlorite, a very effective disinfectant.
- After the cleaning it is time to fill the root canal with the help of heat and moldable materials connected with the root canal.
- The dental crown is rebuilt.
- The treatment ends with a last radiographic check.